This bruschetta recipe is simple, customizable and great for entertaining or anytime you feel like a fancy snack. I like to create a cheese platter with three types of cheeses and tasty accoutrements like prosciutto, onion jam and basil – this way, guests can build their own bruschetta to their liking.
Anytime Three-Cheese Bruschetta with Prosciutto, Onion Jam & Basil
You will need:
1 sweet baguette
Meyer lemon flavored olive oil (or any olive oil of your preference)
1 package good prosciutto, cut into small pieces
Fresh Mozzarella cheese
Goat gouda cheese
Triple-cream brie cheese
1 jar Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Slice baguette into thin, diagonally cut slices and arrange on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes, or until brown and crunchy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
2. Slice three types of cheeses (the ones suggested above taste best with basil) into small, equal sized pieces and arrange on cutting board to serve.
3. Create basil chiffonade, which is a technique used to cut basil into thin, ribbon-like strips. Take about 5-10 basil leaves and pile on top of each other. Then, fold leaves in half, and press down on cutting board. Chop folded basil so that little ribbon strips are formed. Add to the cutting board with cheese.
4. Use about 3 tbsp of onion jam and serve with basil and cheese. Arrange prosciutto on cutting board and serve with the toasted baguette.
5. Arrange in the following order: baguette, onion jam, cheese, prosciutto – and top with basil. Enjoy!